Tips for food safety: Personal Hygiene
- Wash hands before handling food and between preparing different foods. Avoid touching hair or face. Keep hair covered (or tied back) when preparing and serving food.
- Avoid unnecessarily handling food by using utensils like tongs, scoops and spoons instead of hands.
- Taste food with a clean spoon, not fingers
- Any food worker with vomiting, diarrhoea or infections should not be working with food.
- Cover cuts and/or sores on hands or arms with coloured sticking plasters and disposable gloves. This is to stop germs from the wound contaminating the food and sticking plasters from falling in the food. If the wound cannot be covered, the food worker must not handle unwrapped food.
Thank you for your feedback.
The Fuelled4life team.