Some basic recipes can be used in many ways.
It’s a great time-saver if you can make recipes in bulk and then use them in different ways. Here are a few examples of these multi-purpose recipes and how to use them.
Hummus (or other dip recipes)
- Use as a spread, to replace mayonnaise or peanut butter on a sandwich, wrap or roll.
- Use as a dip with vegetables, bread/crackers, cheese sticks or fruit.
- Use as a sauce. Add either some extra water or the liquid from tinned chickpeas (aquafaba) to make it runny and drizzle over.
- Pour over spaghetti, pasta or layered in a lasagne.
- Top a baked potato or toast.
- Use inside a quesadilla or toastie.
- Make a Cottage Pie by adding mashed potato.
- Add chilli beans to make a Chilli Con Carne.
- While heating Bolognese in a pot, crack and pour some eggs into the mixture without stirring, to make a Baked Egg Pot.
- Mix some cooked rice and Bolognese, to stuff capsicums.
- Use as a pizza topping.
- Bolognese is also great to freeze for later.
- Take whatever vegetables are in season, cut them into small pieces (and freeze if you’re doing lots) then:
- Fill bread cases.
- Add to a stir fry, curry or casserole.
- Use in frittatas.
- Add to your tomato sauce while cooking.
- Add stock to create a soup.
- Sprinkle over pizzas.
Thank you for your feedback.
The Fuelled4life team.