Fuelled4life Fresh Made supports food suppliers and school canteens to make the food from lunch order programmes healthier.
Why is it needed?
Over the last few years, many schools have started to outsource their lunch programmes where the meals are provided by local food suppliers, such as bakeries, cafes and takeaways. Ordering school lunches online is fast becoming the new normal for many New Zealand families. Fuelled4life Fresh Made supports food suppliers and school canteens to make these fresh-made foods healthier.
How does it work?
1. Food suppliers, school canteens or boarding school caterers submit their menus and recipes for assessment.
2. The recipes are analysed and feedback and advice are given on any reformulations.
3. Meeting the criteria provides opportunities to market you healthy menu.
To find out more about the menu requirements, please contact us.
Benefits to schools
• Contribute to the health of children by providing healthier freshly made foods which will improve children’s attendance, behaviour and performance
• Demonstrate to parents that your school is taking responsibility for children’s education, their health and wellbeing
Benefits to food suppliers
• Meet the growing demand for healthier freshly made foods
• Use the Fuelled4life/ Heart Foundation logo on marketing material
• Marketing exposure to schools nationally through the Heart Foundation school network including targeted advertising opportunities with Fuelled4life
Fuelled4life Fresh Made provides the following resources to assist lunch providers to achieve registration and create healthier foods that meet FBCS criteria:
- Standardardised recipes These recipes are specifically developed to meet FBCS Critiera and can be altered and personalised to meet you students' tastes and preferences
- Make sheets These make sheets visualise the recommended quantities of some ingredients used in foods commonly chosen by children
- Recipe checklists A handy tool for healthy recipe development
- Stepwise changes A stepwise (gradual) approach will ease food operators and students into making healthier choices
- Tips on healthy cooking and choice of healthier ingredients
How do I register as a food supplier?
If you are a food supplier and would like to register with Fuelled4life Fresh Made, please contact the team, 09 526 8550 or below
Current Fuelled4life Fresh made suppliers
Find out more about our registered companies
Can we make our own Fresh Made foods?
If you are a school canteen or boarding school kitchen and would like more information on providing healthier food or you're interested in registering with Fuelled4life Fresh Made - ring us 09 526 8550 or